CentOS is an open source operating system that is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. While the code for Red Hat is open source, obtaining a usable binary form (from a CD/DVD or via download) requires payment. CentOS uses the same open source code to create a very similar final product as that of Red Hat. CentOS stands for Community ENTerprise Operating System.
The goals of CentOS are as follows:
Our purpose is to provide stable Linux solutions for organizations and
individuals who do not need strong commercial support to achieve
To meet that overall goal, we strive to achieve:
* easy maintenance
* self hosting distribution (one that can build on itself)
* suitability for long term use in production environments
* friendly environment for users and package maintainers
* long-term support of the core
* active development
* community infrastructure
* open management
* open business model
* commercial support - offered by partner vendors
Contact Net Easy to see how we can make CentOS work for you!